Wednesday, August 12, 2009

On Becoming a Comedian

Some of the things I often think about writing include funny anecdotes and ideas including those which might be appropriate for a stand up comedy skit. Things often pop into my mind that I think are quirky enough and original enough to make people laugh. Usually these things have to do with everyday events at work, at home, out shopping, cursing people out while driving. Similar to how I read to be a better writer, I watch and observe what good comedians do, and being a stand up comedian is not far from my realm of artistic outlets or career tangents. I have a good dramatic presence, voice intonation and impressions, and an affinity for comedic timing. Defuse my self-aggrandizing ego from that mix and I might just be a decent comedian.

No comments:

Post a Comment